The Advantage of Having a Professional Gemologist on Staff
It’s not all that common to find a trained gemologist using the proper gemological equipment. In fact, most jewelers don’t even examine the gems they sell. But at Vanscoy, Maurer & Bash Diamond Jewelers, we believe your investment deserves the guidance of a highly-trained professional.
That’s why Tom Wiggins has been a part of our team for the past twenty-five years. Tom is a Graduate Gemologist with two kids, five grand-kids and more certifications than all the diamonds in Antwerp…
- Certificate in Diamond and Diamond Grading, GIA, July 5, 1988
- Certificate in Colored Stones, GIA, June 29, 1989
- Certificate in Gem Identification, GIA, April 9, 1991
- Certificate in Colored Stone Grading, GIA, Oct. 9, 1991
- Gemologist Degree, GIA, March 6, 1992
- Graduate Gemologist Degree, GIA, Aug. 26, 1993
- Certificate in Insurance Replacement Appraisals, GIA, June 20, 2000
- Certificate in Pearl Grading, GIA, May 3, 2001
- Certified Gemologist with AGS, November 15, 2010
We told you the guy was certified! But what does all that mean to you?
It means you are doing business with a true professional with high ethics and vast knowledge. Someone who never compromises his integrity, always gives an honest opinion and continues his education in all phases of gemology.
This applies not only to information Tom provides, but also the accurate grading of uncertified diamonds and colored gemstones. It’s the highest quality assessment of gemstone value for your investment.
Want to know why two diamonds of the same color, clarity and carat weight differ in price by thousands of dollars? Tom can tell you. Need an accurate appraisal to insure your precious heirloom? Tom can provide that for you. Curious whether a particular gemstone is natural or lab-grown? Tom has the trained eye necessary to tell the difference.
Having a guy like Tom Wiggins on your side means you can buy with confidence knowing the true quality and value of your diamonds and precious gemstones.