Valentine’s Day, the most romantic day of the year. It’s a day full of love, intimacy, and passion. Too often, people get caught up in the commercialism of the day though and forget the sentiment behind it. Rather than stressing over cupid this year, read through our Valentine’s Day Top 10 Guide below for romantic Valentine’s Day ideas and gifts to make your February 14th the most romantic Valentine’s Day ever!
REMEMBER: You do not have to spend a lot of money to make someone’s Valentine’s Day the best they’ve ever had. Romance is in the eye of the beholder and thoughtfulness always trumps money when it comes to true love.
Here are 10 quick tips on how to be creative:
- Write a love letter – Writing a love letter is a great idea, even now. A letter helps keep playfulness alive in a relationship. It offers a snapshot of your life together at a particular moment. It tells your love how much you need him (or her)—and that feels just as good on the fiftieth reading as it does on the first. Leave it on bed or on counter before you leave for work.
- For an always-there friend – Celebrate a long–lasting friendship with a message that says, “Today’s the perfect day to tell you how much you’re loved for all you do.”
- For a long-time love – Show your spouse how much you still value your time together with a message from your heart, “I love our story.” Write a story that will tug at the heart.
- Engage your kids to help in the craft – Have your kids help by making a family craft for your spouse. Great ideas available at: http://familyfun.go.com/valentines-day
- For the Tech-spouse – Grab their attention (for a minute, anyway) with a never-been-seen before text message like “LOLOtXt (that’s text for: Love Our Life with hugs and kisses)”
- Magical rose petals – One of the romantic valentine ideas that kick start your day with love and laughter is sound an alarm and wake up your beloved. When he/she wakes up, you can shower petals of rose all over him/her.
- Write a poem – Write him or her a poem – can’t write? Try out the poem generator on http://www.whimsies-online.com/valentine.htm for fun! Print out your creation and place it on your loved-one’s night table for when they awake!
- A Gift for Anytime – Give a hand-made coupon for some work you can do to free-up some time for your spouse or parent. For example, a coupon good for a back rub, cleaning Dad’s garage or for a full-house vacuuming for your wife. How about a coupon for your best friend – you can walk her dog or baby sit one evening.
- Over indulge – Decorate the room in a romantic theme and surprise him/her with your excellent efforts. Place roses as path to room. Light candles. Prepare foot bath, foot massage, shoulder rub. Then have champagne and strawberries on stand-by.
- Become a creative chef – Wear your chef’s cap and cook a lovely meal for him/her. Get the necessary help if needed… don’t set the place on fire. Make his/her favorite meal and blow him/her off his/her feet on this Valentine Day. Top off the dinner with a special Valentine’s Day cupcake just for him/her.